Kigali Climate & Temperature
- Kigali, Rwanda is at 1°57'S, 30°7'E, 1497 m (4913 ft). See map.
- Kigali has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Kigali is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The annual mean temperature is 20.5 degrees Celsius (68.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 1.5 °C (2.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype extremely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1028 mm (40.5 inches) which is equivalent to 1028 Litres/m² (25.21 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Kigali you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Napari, Tabuaeran, Kiribati where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Kigali Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Kigali Climate Graph in Metric Units
Kigali Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Kigali, Rwanda Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: